Saturday, July 14, 2012

Asparagus Chicken


from my Dad!  

I wasn't sure how my family would like this.  Shayna and I love asparagus and the others will eat it but it is not their favorite.  Everyone seemed to love it.   I tripled the recipe and it was perfect.  I also made rice to go under it and added a little extra soy sauce for liquid in the pan, not much though.  I will definitely make this again.

2 Tsp. Cornstarch
1/4 Tsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Water
1 Large Garlic clove crushed
1 Tbsp. oil
1 Whole, Boneless Chicken Breast, partly frozen, then cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips (about a cup).  I crosscut to make squares that were bite size.
1 Lb. Asparagus, cleaned trimmed, then sliced diagonally (about 2 cups).

Stir together the cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, water, and garlic.
Add the chicken and marinate 1 hour or more.

In a black skillet over fairly high heat, heat the oil.  Add chicken and marinade, then the asparagus, stir frying 3 minutes or less until chicken is cooked.  Serves 2 as a main meal or 4 as a side dish.

It would be better if the asparagus was picked from the ditch bank at Mom and Dad's home in Woodruff but it is good enough to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment