Friday, May 25, 2012

Lemon Meringue Chex Mix


My friend made this for Christmas this year for her friends.  We absolutely loved it.   Because it is white, I am making it for the Baptism Preview today.

1 ¼ cup white vanilla baking chips
¼ cup butter
4 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 TBSP lemon juice
9 Cups Rice chex mix
2 cups powdered sugar

Cook the first four ingredients over medium heat until the chocolate is melted.   Pour over the chex mix, and stir thoroughly to evenly distribute (like you would if you were making caramel corn).   Put the powdered sugar in a large bag and then dump the chex mix in – shaking it around to coat with the powdered sugar.  (My friend actually used 2 gallon size bags and did half at a time.  She thought that was easier.  But I have some large bags so I will probably do it all at once).

No comments:

Post a Comment