Thursday, May 24, 2012

Oreo Truffles


1 package of Oreo's crushed ( use blender or rolling pin)-- do not get double stuffed oreo's.  (I used my pampered chef chopper to chop them into crumbs)

1 package of cream cheese at room temp.

Mix together.  By the time you mix everything together (and I found it easier to mix with my hand rather than a spoon, though beaters might be good, too), it is lumpy.  But once you refrigerate it for an hour or so, it combines and feels like cookie dough.)  Typically I will make the inside of my truffles the day before I want to dip them.  So they are really cold when I dip.

Form balls and place them on waxed paper lined cookie sheets. Don't make them too big-- because they are rich. Maybe slightly larger than a marble. about 2 bites.

I will chill them a bit a this point.

Melt chocolate. Some people use wax in the chocolate. I use white almond bark instead. ( can be white, milk, or dark chocolate to preference). Dip ball in chocolate and let firm in fridge. Store in fridge until ready to eat/ serve.

Now, I have never really dipped chocolates.  And I didn’t really have anyone to show me how.  I tried toothpicks but they didn’t look good.  My Sister recommended a fork and that is what I ended up doing.  So, I would drop the ball in the chocolate, fish it out with the fork (it would be sitting on top of the fork), and then I would tap the glass container my chocolate was in to get the excess chocolate off, swipe the bottom of the fork on the side to get more of the stuff off, and then kind of push it off the fork with a toothpick.  They looked much better that way.   If you’ve dipped chocolates and you know a better way – fill me in!  hahaha

I’ve also made truffles using mint oreos.  The inside was softer, but they were very good, especially if you love mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment