Thursday, May 31, 2012

Posse Stew

from Shannon Farr

2 lbs hamburger cooked and crumbled
1 large (30 ounce) can of crushed tomatoes
2 cans ranch style beans
2 cans hominy (I use white because the corn is yellow and it makes the stew more colorful!)
2 cans corn
2 small cans chopped green chili (if you want it less spicy – use 1)

The best way to make this (IMO) is to throw everything in the crock pot 2-3 hours before serving.  The flavors really simmer together and are wonderful.  This is a great “quick” meal – especially for me, as I buy my hamburger in large quantities and then freeze it cooked.  So, I just pull cooked hamburger out of the freezer and open some cans and dinner is done.   I always put out taco chips and grated cheese with it.  My kids like to scoop it up with chips.

You can cut everything in half if you have a smaller family.  I always make the full recipe and we have a bunch left over, but I enjoy eating it for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment