Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wild Mushroom Pizza


I work for a friend named Elizabeth.  When she is there at lunchtime, she makes me lunch.  She was making lunch one day and called out “do you like mushrooms?”  They are not my favorite but if they are in things like pizza, I can eat them.   So, she called me when it was ready and I walked in and it was like… have some pizza with your mushrooms.  It was probably 2 inches tall of mushrooms with a little goat cheese on top.  I decided to try it and to my surprise, I loved every bite and plan to make it again.  I think it was the combination of the flavors. 

Ingredients:
Cooking Spray
5 (4 ounce) packages pre-sliced exotic mushroom blend (such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster).    **Elizabeth just used normal mushrooms, and it was fabulous.
1 – 10 ounce Italian cheese-flavored whole-wheat pizza crust (such as Boboli).
1 cup fire-roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce
¾ cup (6 ounces) goat cheese, crumbled
2 tsp minced thyme (optional)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Add mushrooms; cook 8 minutes or until browned and liquid evaporates, stirring twice.
Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.  Spread pasta sauce over crust to within 1 inch of edge.  Top pizza evenly with mushrooms and goat cheese.
Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.  Remove from oven, and sprinkle with thyme, if desired.  Cut into 8 wedges.  Yield:  8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge).

Calories 192, FAT 6.5 g (sat 3.5g, mono 1.6g, poly 0.3g); PROTEIN 9.7g; CARB 23.4g; FIBER 2.3g; CHOL 10mg; IRON 2.1 mg; SODIUM 354mg; CALC 88mg.

(Weight Watchers) PointsPlus value per servings:  5

No comments:

Post a Comment