Thursday, May 24, 2012

Beef with Snap Peas


I found this recipe online and have made it a few times.  We all love it.   I use broccoli instead of sugar snap peas, because my family prefers broccoli.  When I made it for the Kleins I did a mixture of sugar snap peas, broccoli and some other vegetables.  I loved it, but my kids only ate the broccoli.  Silly kids!

I double the sauce recipe so that I have some for the rice.

1½ pound steak 
½ cups soy sauce 
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 Tablespoons beef broth
2 Tablespoons brown sugar 
2 Tablespoons cornstarch 
1 teaspoon ginger (or you can use 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, just mince it up)
2 packages of fresh peas in pod
rice, cooked according to package directions

Cut the steak, against the grain, in thin pieces. In a storage bag (ziploc), mix together the soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, cornstarch, and ginger. Add the meat and set aside. Marinade for at least 1/2 an hour.

Add the meat to a skillet, leaving the marinade in a bowl, and cook on medium high heat until the meat is cooked through. Add the marinade and the peas. Cook until the mixture is thick and bubbly. Serve over rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment