Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cheese and Broccoli Soup in the crock pot


I made this for dinner tonight, very easy – and the kids actually liked it.   The only complaint I got was from Scott who said “it was good but it had a lot of broccoli in it”.  But I loved that (I am more of a stew person anyway – like big chunks of veggies in my soups!).  So, you could reduce the broccoli if you wanted it to be more soupy – but I loved it this way.

2 pkg of frozen broccoli (16 oz)
2 cans cheddar cheese soup
2 cans evaporated milk
¼ cup dry minced onion
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper

Cook in crockpot on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-5 hours.  You can serve over baked potatoes (probably rice, too).  But we just ate it from a bowl and dipped French bread in the soup.  Very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment