Sunday, May 13, 2012

Monkey Bread


I sprayed my Bundt pan with cooking spray.  

Put 18 of the Rhodes frozen dinner rolls in the bottom of the Bundt pan.  (Rhodes dough cannot be found at Publix, just the Super Walmart and sometimes the Super Target.   I prefer Rhodes to the brand that Publix sells).

Sprinkle ½ of a box of Butterscotch Pudding Powder on top of the rolls (not the instant type, buy the cook and serve type of pudding.  I seem to remember that I couldn’t find that at Publix either, I know I found it at the Super Walmart).

Melt a cube of butter and mix in ½ cup brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.

Pour the butter mixture over the rolls.

Cover the Bundt pan with a clean towel and let defrost/raise.   Because the dough is frozen it takes a while.  If you want these for breakfast, than mix it up the night before - right as you are going to bed.  Pop it in the oven right when you wake up.   If you want it to dinner then I would put it together mid morning, like 10:00 to 11:00.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.   When you take it out of the oven, flip the Bundt pan over onto a tray and leave it there.  After it cools for 5-10 minutes, remove the Bundt pan.

You can also make your own bread dough and use that, but the Rhodes dough is so easy and good, I usually just use that.

No comments:

Post a Comment