Sunday, May 13, 2012

Crockpot Ranchy PorkChops with Cheesy Mashed Potatoes


Flavor was very good, but it was too salty for most of us.   I probably won't make it again unless I find a way to cut the salt back.  But that doesn't mean you won't like it.  I'm very sensitive to salt, I don't use a lot of it because of my blood pressure.

This is a very yummy blend of flavors. I like that I can put the pork chops in the crockpot and they can cook all day. Then, all I have to make is the mashed potatoes when I get home. I made this for a large group of people and they were gobbled right up. I don't remember where I got this recipe, sorry!

6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
10 oz can Cream of Chicken soup
3 pounds potatoes, cubed
5 Tablespoons butter
1 cup grated cheese (I actually used monterey jack)
6 cloves garlic (or less, if you are not a garlic person)
1 - 1 1/2 cups milk
1 Tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a crockpot. Heat for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.

Place potatoes into a large pot of water. Heat over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10 - 12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix on low until potatoes are mashed. Add butter, cheese, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed.

Serve the soup gravy, from the crockpot, over the mashed potatoes and pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment