Thursday, May 24, 2012

Swiss Steak

This was one of the meals that I regular requested on my birthday.  I love this stuff!

Buy round steak and trim the fat off.   Cut into serving size pieces.
Coat with flour and brown on both sides.
Put in a crock pot and cook on high for 6 -8 hours.
Put sliced onion on top of the meat for more flavor.   

Sauce:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½ can water
1 TBSP Catalina dressing

You just make as much sauce as you need to cover the meat.   

If your kids are picky and don't like mushroom lumps, then throw the soup and water in the blender and blend it.  The sauce is very smooth this way and the kids never know they are eating mushrooms.  :)   I blended my soup for many years, but now I don't have to. 

Serve over rice, mashes potatoes or noodles.  It's good with everything.   

One time we made it for a reunion and made too much.   So, Heather made the BEST green chili sauce and we all helped make homemade flour tortillas.  We sliced up the beef and left it in the gravy.   We put the beef and green chili sauce in the tortilla and rolled it up like a burrito.  We had these four years ago and my mouth still starts to water when I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment