Sunday, May 13, 2012

JALAPENO POPPERS

from Shannon Farr

olive oil cooking spray
2 oz light cream cheese
1/2 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 TBS fat free mayonnaise
8 small jalapeno peppers
1/4 cup fat free egg substitute
3/4 cup cornflake crumbs

Preheat oven to 350.  Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise.
Mix well and set aside.
Halve peppers lengthwise and remove seeds. (I didn't wear gloves, but it's a good
     idea to)
Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture
Place egg substitute in a shallow dish
Place cornflake crumbs in a separate shallow dish
Dip stuffed jalapeno halves into egg substitute and then roll in cornflake crumbs to
     coat or just dip the cream cheese part in the crumbs. 
Put jalapenos on prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray  (I didn't spray
     the peppers here)
Bake until filling is bubbly , about 30 minutes.  Serve hot.

2 poppers = 1 serving. (yah, right!  like potato chips, you can't just eat one!)

You can prepare poppers a day in advance and place them on a covered baking sheet in the fridge.  Cook them as directed when ready to eat.

These are the best poppers we've ever, ever in the whole world, had!!  We used jalapenos from Dad's garden and they were delisc!!  Everyone raved and I couldn't make enough, no matter how many there were!  They're easy too.. the worst and longest part is cutting and deveining the peppers.  And I got the recipe off the weight watchers site so I have the points value, if you need it.  It's 3. 

I just used what I had in the fridge and cupboard.  For instance, once I used crushed raisin bran flakes minus the raisin, of course!  Once I used crushed pita chips.  Once I used egg and once I didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment