Thursday, May 24, 2012

Poppyseed Chicken


I already had this recipe, but Jewelie Rhodes made it for scrapbooking and added a bag or two of frozen vegetables tot he chicken mixture.  I always put the veggies in mine now.

1 C. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
3-4 chicken breasts: I usually cut them in halves or thirds to speed cooking time
Ritz crackers, crushed
Poppyseeds

1. In a bowl mix the soup and sour cream.
2. Spread some (about 1/3) of the mixture on the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish to keep the chicken from sticking to the bottom.
1. Layer the chicken on top of the mixture.
2. Spread the rest of the mixture on top of the chicken.
3. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs on top…sorry, I don’t measure it. Just make it enough to cover the top of the dish with a crumbly topping.
4. Sprinkle poppyseeds on top
5. Bake at 350 for 30-40 mins. I just cut the center piece open and make sure it’s done.

It is the best served over rice! I’ve even tried it with low fat sour cream and the low fat cream of chicken soup and it’s still delicious.
Try it sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment